Sunday, December 16, 2007

The snow Saga!!




So this is the first year that Austin really realized what playing out in the snow was all about. So when we went to bed Friday night we told him that when he woke up there was going to be snow on the ground and his obvious response was "And I can go out and play in it". The loving parents that we are we said sure tomorrow we can go play in the snow! Of course I rolled over in my nice warm bed Saturday morning to see the clock glowing 7:02 and to no suprise my darling almost 3 year old was standing there like clock work.( He knows not to leave his room until his clock says 7, I think I should have tried for 8!!) So every morning at 7:02 or 7:03 austin is there with a good moring mommy it's 7!! Well this morning the first words out of his mouth were, lets go play in the snow right now!! After convincing him that it was way to early to go outside and that daddy would take him out later I began thinking that this child had nothing appropriate to wear to play in the snow! So after we got up I had to run up to wal-mart in the snow and buy something necessities for playing in the snow! I found everything I needed, A longer coat, snow pants, long Johns, mittens and boots! Of course the only thing in the toddler size was pink so I had to jump to the boys section. I bought the smallest size which is a 4/5 and once Austin was all dressed he looked like the little brother from the Christmas story, all bundled up and barely able to move!! He will still be wearing these clothes when he is in the third grade!! Here are some pictures from that moring! When I finally went outside to see the snowman that Austin and Jason had built, Austin said, "It's time to go in for some hot chocolate because I am freezing out here"!

3 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

The clock thing is really funny. When Ally was at my mom's, she rolled over and said - Grandma the clock says 545.... Grandma the clock say 604.... and continued ever 20 minutes or so until Grandma finally gave in at 654. She is getting a clock for Christmas and I will set the 7 rule if not the 730!

amy said...

at least you were able to find stuff at your walmart. i looked on sunday at target & the 94 walmart & couldn't find any snow pants for trip. and long johns.. where are those?? i looked & couldn't find ANY at all!

we just bought trip a clock b/c he started coming into our room between 6:30-6:40am last week EVERY morning. the clock is small, so we just set the alarm and he knows he can't come out until it beeps. i set it for 7:15, but will probably move it to 7:45am on saturdays!! :0)

Kim said...

i cannot believe there is that much snow there! we have totoally adjusted to the south. it has got to be at least 60 or 65 degrees right now and we are outside playing in longsleeved t-shirts. i loved the pitures! kim