Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What's for breakfast???

So.... I hate the morning dilemma of what is for breakfast. We need something fast but I want it to be good for them too. Austin lately has been into granola bars, but I did not just want to rip open a bar and hand it too him that seemed more like a snack than an actual breakfast. So I got on the computer and searched healthy breakfast bars. This is what I came up with.... Homemade granola bars! I needed to start with something I know they will like and then I can sneak some different (healthy) ingredients into them. This time I added almonds and of course chocolate chips (I know not healthy, but it was a selling point for the kids!)


Campbell and I got all our ingredients out!


mixed it all up!

The pan on the left was just almond/chocolate chip but with the second pan I added peanutbutter. The one with the peanutbutter turned out better, chewier.


The kids had them for breakfast this morning and it was fast and healthy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!