Sunday, February 24, 2008

The meaning of "Mom"

As the stomach bug roared through our family this past weekend I learned a few things about what it means to be a mom!
1. When you think you are going to put the kids to bed early and have a relaxing night, Think again because someone is about to start puking!
2. Even when Austin is throwing up he still makes me laugh! I told him that I thought he had a stomach bug and then he looked at me and said," I know mommy it's a ladybug and I have told her to leave!"
3. Don't expect not to get sick when you sleep with your child who is sick!
4. Thank God that you have a husband who stayed up all night with the other child who thought it would just be fun to stay up and play and not sleep!
5. It is really hard to lay in the same bed as your 3 year old while the both of you are sick and watch Thomas the Train over and over again! (I'm not sure I can ever watch it again)
6. You even loose your privacy while you are sick! while throwing up in the bathroom Austin is yelling at me, " Mom are you puking? Stop puking I need you in here"

Luckily I think it has passed and Jason was the only one to escape. He stayed up all night taking care of Campell while Austin and I slept in our bed toghether.

1 comment:

mamahenn said...

Julie- I am so glad that you are back to blogging. I have been wondering where you have been and so sorry to hear it has been with the stomach bug! I hope everyone is feeling better and getting back to being healthy. We miss you and wish we lived closer. I would have brought you some saltines and gatoraide and a different DVD! love you- Mel