Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lock the doors Julie!!

Okay so today as Austin and I were driving home from Bible Study, luckily on a pretty quiet and low speed limit road, I heard a rushing wind sound. I thought to myself that's is funny because I did not have any windows down so I turned around and looked at Austin and to my surprise his door was flinging open! Recently he has been intrigued by opening and closing his own car door! So he had reached over and pulled the handle to the car door and it had opened. When it opened all the way the look on his face was priceless! Thank goodness for car seats with straps!! Anyway from now on mommy will be locking the car doors as we are traveling

4 comments:

Jill Rutland said...

have mercy!! i would have peed my pants!!!

amy said...

holy crap! i would have FREAKED out & then probably given him a good stern talking to (or yelling at) about why we should NEVER open the doors while a car is moving! luckily my boys don't know that it is an option! trip opens his from the outside to get in, but has never tried to open it from the inside!

mamahenn said...

Julie- How scary! I am so glad that both you and him are okay. He is just a very curious little boy. Glad that it happened to you and from now on it will be Melanie lock the doors!! Love you- Melanie

Brenda Rae said...

FYI - there is a "flip" thingy on the door when you open it. If you flip it a kid can't open the door from the inside. Problem lies when friends are with you and they can't get out either, but is a safety feature incase you forget to lock the doors!