Saturday, October 13, 2007

We Planted Flowers!!




So for the last 4 years every spring I see all these beautiful tulips and I tell Jason that in the fall I am going to plant tulips in the yard. Well the fall always comes and goes and in the spring I say once again I wish I had planted my tulips. So today on a rainy dreary day we went to Lowes or as Austin calls it the fan store and we bought our tulip bulbs. It finally stopped raining in the afternoon and I got my bulbs planted. But you know I always invisioned (because we all know that I don't do yard work!!) that the soil would be all nice and easy to dig my little 8 inch holes and just drop my bulb in! NOT SO MUCH! Lots of rocks!! who knew!! So I used my muscle and finally got them all planted.

Austin was so excited to help. He had his own little shovel and used it for about 5 minutes! After the digging proved to be not all that exciting he decided to make friends with all the rolly pollies! There are alot and I think Austin tried to touch them all! So I guess we will wait until the Spring to see if we get any flowers!!

2 comments:

kristen said...

What fun!! It looks like you guys are going to have some beautiful tulips this spring:) Maybe we can come up and actually see them in person!! Miss you guys a lot....
Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Kristen, Uncle David, Sarah, Luke and Andrew

amy said...

shoot... i do the same thing. i intend to plant in the fall & in the spring when all the flowers are blooming, i think... "this fall, for sure...".

this year, my goal is not flowers, though, but to fertilize the yard really well after the 1st hard freeze (?) so our grass will be better next spring.