Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And it Begins.....

Well I'm very happy to announce that my darling baby boy ( obviously not so little anymore) decided tonight was the night he was going to potty in the big potty. We have been talking about it to him for what seems like months now and tonight at my mom's after a bath he looked at me and said, "don't pee"! and just as a side thought I asked him if he would like to pee in the potty and he said yes like he usually does except for this time he marched over to the potty and put the seat up and stood their and peed like he had been doing it forever. So when we got home of course I had to go and I announced it like I always do and he said "Yeah I think I need to go too" and once again he went!!!!! So I guess we have started to potty train although I'm thinking there is not much to train. My excitement made him so excited that he did not want to put on his diaper for bedtime, but I convinced him that he at least needed a pull up on! I think I have to go shopping for some big boy underwear!!!

5 comments:

Brenda Rae said...

I wish you luck - my little guy will do it at school but forget it at home!!!

Allison Lewis said...

It's obvious this is a big time for your family...we were talking to Jason's dad at Rebekah's wedding this weekend, and that's the first story he told us! He's definitely a proud grandfather. :-)

Jill Rutland said...

Keep me posted!! Harrison is very interested but I am sooooo not ready to go there yet!

amy said...

YEA for AUSTIN! Guess I should go out & buy him some big boy underwear, too since I promised him some!

mamahenn said...

That is great!! Sure wish that parker was nearing that. I think he likes diapers but it is killing us with two in diapers- one of them has got to give and quit using them or get a job to pay for them!!