Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Austin!!

So today was a very full and exciting day! Little Austin Daniel turned 4. He is already asking me when he will be 4 1/2, Slow down kid!!! Here is a run through of our day! The day started out with a phone call from Daddy who had to be in Minnesota for a business trip this week. So we missed him today, but are happy he comes home tomorrow!
We started at the Pancake House with Grammy and Paw Paw for some breakfast! Then we went over to the butterfly house!
Austin likes the butterflies until they get a little to close. Very manly face!!
Still not sure about that butterfly getting to close!
After the butterflies I took him to school while Campbell went home with Grammy and Paw Paw
After going to Mimi's for dinner we headed home to open presents and eat some cake. Austin is talking to grandma and grandad on the phone!
This is to show Aunt Kristen and Uncle David how much he liked his new sleeping bag. He is up in his room sleeping in it now!
Today's funny side story!!
Ever since the start of potty training my biggest fear was being some where and one of the kids not being able to pee when they needed to, and it happened today! So this morning we were all excited to leave the house and head for breakfast. After being on the highway for a few minutes of our usual 25 minunte ride we came to a complete stand still of traffic! Now I was sort of annoyed because I knew my parents were waiting, but all was not to bad. Until Austin spoke up saying "Mom I have to pee"! So as any mother would say, I told him he would have to hold it because I was in the left lane and we were not going anywhere. He did not say much more so I assumed I was in the clear. About 10 minutes later and we have moved about 20 feet Austin again and with a bit more urgency says, " Mom I really have to go". Of course he has not yet learned the art of holding it so I am very concerned! All I could think to say was "You better not pee in this car! I knew he could not help it but I so did not want to start the day at Target buying new clothes!! So as we were moving 5 feet every 5 minutes I looked down and saw a cup! Yes thats right! This is where I'm going!! I told Austin my idea and he looked a little worried, as he should have been. After explaining I had him undo his belt and come stand right by my seat, the whole time thinking I can't believe I'm doing this. So He gets out of his seat and I get the cup and we get ready. Now remember I'm still trying to drive and holding the cup at the same time! Needless to say my son had stage fright! I told him to pee and he kept saying he could'nt. I'm yelling pee Austin! Pee now! He is yelling, I like peeing in the potty not a cup! I was getting worried because the traffic was kind of letting up and I did not want him standing anymore, so I told him to sit down, I was able to pull the undies up but not the pants. Amazingly I got him rebuckled with his pants around his ankles and we tore off in search of a potty!! So actually I'm pretty happy he had this stage fright because that could have added a whole other section to this disturbing story!! So the moral is to always have your kids pee before you leave the house, you never know when traffic with strike!!

4 comments:

AKA said...

Wow! Note to self....never drink from a cup in a Shaw vehicle.

Allison Lewis said...

OK Jules, you had me laughing out loud with this one. I was chuckling a bit when I saw the "I Love Butterflies" shot, but the cup story is hysterical!

amy said...

I'm with Allison... i chuckled at the picture of austin with that awesome black & white butterfly, but i am really laughing about that pee story! i can just hear you yelling at him to "pee now"! i would be doing the exact same thing!! HA! i'm still laughing!

kristen said...

Julie,
What a story!!! I can just picture you guys in traffic with Austin trying to go.....definitely going down in the Austin storybook!! He has built up quite a few over these past 4 years:):):) Austin, we love you !!!
It looks like he had a wonderful birthday:) So glad he is enjoying his sleeping bag... Looking forward to getting all the cousins together for a sleep over sometime at Grandma's!!!
Love you guys,
Aunt Kristen